Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc. | Programs | Cookie Dough
Cookie Calendar | Cookie Varieties | Place Your Order Online | Cookie Dough | Where the Money Goes | Cookie Forms
Cookie Dough is money credit that girls may choose as a cookie sale program recognition, that can be used by registered Girl Scouts to pay for activities and supplies associated with Girl Scouting.
Cookie Dough Form for Girls
Policy for Using Cookie Dough in Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana
Note! Only registered Girl Scouts may use Cookie Dough. (A girl must be a registered Girl Scout at the time she uses her Cookie Dough.)
- A girl may choose up to a $250 per year in Cookie Dough.
- Cookie Dough is not legal tender.
- Cookie Dough may be transferred among sisters, but cannot be transferred to other individuals or troops, or used to purchase other cookie awards.
Girl Scouts may use Cookie Dough in the following ways:
- Purchases at/through Katie's Korner, the council office retail shop
- Katie’s Korner purchases onsite at day and resident camp, or at council events
- Girl Scout equipment, uniforms, handbooks, purchased at Katie’s Korner or other equipment agencies. (When items are purchased at other equipment agencies, Cookie Dough is deducted from a girl’s balance and a reimbursement check is issued, after receipts are presented/processed at the council office. Allow 2-3 weeks for processing.)
- Council events/programs
- Service unit events
- Council-approved troop/group activities/trips (activities beyond regular troop program...i.e., field trips where entrance fees are involved, overnight trips, etc.)
- Day camp/transportation and resident camp. Note: Girls who choose Cookie Dough as recognition for cookie sales are given preference in the awarding of Camperships (financial assistance offered to families who cannot afford Girl Scout activity/camp fees).
- destinations trips
- GSUSA membership dues
- Lifetime Membership (Must be at least 18 years old)
Cookie Dough may be accumulated:
Girl Scout Daisies, Brownies, and Juniors—Cookie Dough for this group is valid from the date of issuance in the spring of the year it is earned—usually June—until September 30 of that year, plus two additional fiscal years. (This is a time frame of about 2 years, 2-4 months, because Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana’s fiscal year ends on September 30.)
Girl Scout Cadettes, Seniors, and Ambassadors—Cookie Dough for this group is valid from the date of issuance until September 30 in the year of the holder’s high school graduation.
Cookie Dough that is not used within the designated time period reverts to GSSI.
Cookie Dough Cards
Each spring, following the annual cookie sale, Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana issues and distributes plastic Cookie Dough Cards to girls who chose Cookie Dough as a cookie sale recognition. Girls can use their Cookie Dough Cards toward Girl Scout activities, as described above. Each Cookie Dough Card has an expiration date printed on the front, so girls will know how long their cards are valid.
Using Your Cookie Dough
Regardless of the purpose for which a girl uses Cookie Dough, a Girl Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls must be filled out, signed by her parent, and submitted to the appropriate person (indicated on the form), before Cookie Dough can be accessed. Click here for a copy of the form. A Girl Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls accompanies the Cookie Dough Card when the girl receives it; additional forms are available from the council office.
Processing Cookie Dough for day camp/transportation, service unit events, council-approved troop activities, and trips requires four to six weeks; hence, the Girl Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls for those purposes must be submitted four to six weeks in advance of the time it is to be used. For all other uses described above, Cookie Dough is available for immediate use when a Girl Scout Cookie Dough Form for Girls, signed by the girl’s parents, is presented, along with the Cookie Dough Card, at Katie’s Korner—in the council office or when the shop is onsite at an event or activity.
Council Office and Shop Hours
Labor Day to Memorial Day
Hours are Mon-Thurs. 9 .am. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Memorial Day to Labor Day
Hours are Mon- Fri. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday and Sunday
812.421.4970 Ext 306
800-757-9348 Ext 306
Fax - 812.421.4980
Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana, Inc.
223 NW 2nd Street
Evansville, IN 47708